Sunday, April 17, 2011

New Toy!

After picked up a phone call from company lobby...
Yahoooo!! My long waited parcel finally reached safe and sound.

Yet I got to suppress my excitement and waited until I'm home.
After took a bath, it's time to unwrap the parcel.

What is that you ask?
Hehe, it is newly released Toshiba NB520 dual-core netbook which I able to get it with slightly cheaper price than market offered.
Yes, yes, you're not reading wrong, it is a NETBOOK.

I know I know,
you might have your eyes wide open and ask with surprise why I bought a netbook. With top-up a little bit more money, I can get a much better performance laptop instead!

I know I know,
you have told me about how irritating and annoying is was to wait for 3 minutes to get into the desktop after switch on, and how celaka it was when running any intensive workload.

I know, I know...abt other complaints as well, and you might ask me "then, why you still bought it!!"

Okie, I got all wanted applications installed into my new toy. Now, it is good to rock and roll!

It takes me about 45s to 1 min to load completely to desktop. Not bad huh!
Well, after getting more applications installed this might not to be true anymore. I bet this happens to every PCs and laptops too.

With high-end Harman/kardon speakers, the experience of listen to musics, watch movies and animes is superb, even on 10.1 inches screen, which the size still acceptable by me! Much more with it six-cell Li-ion battery underneath, the NB520 eased to a very impressive long hours run.

The NB520 offers Toshiba's sleep and charge or sleep and music feature, yet to try it out.

I'm not here to give a review on the netbook which I'm really not good with, but I do have good experiences with my new netbook, which I bought mostly for net-centric usage. Now I can have my movies or others netbook activities on bed, on coach, on dining table or even while I'm cooking...hope that I'm not have my fingers cut then...haha.

I will install Netbeans IDE on the netbook and start my web application learning. Well, it might be a problem writing script with small screen, hmmm...

As of now, I do really like my new toy. ^.^
Okie, is time for Fairy Tail!!
Pen off...

1 comment:

kw said...

Finally......hah, enjoy ur new toy