Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sakae Sushi 100% Reward turn out is Free or Not...

I still remember last time when I dined in Sakae Sushi with my friends when they had the 100% rebate/reward on all red plates promotion, the waitress out of curiosity asked us why no one order red plates? With the promotion, it is free, you know! (I somehow still remember clearly she said "you know" at the end of her sentence :P)

Then I debate with my friend about this and turn out in actual fact, it is not free but 50% discount.

Well, a weird me somehow came out a weird point of view to make thing seems like free :P
Since it is weird, it is not so good to share weird thing here, haha!

Now let see how it is 50% discount...

Let's reset the membership card accumulated points to 0.

Scenario 1 (the most basic situation to define the concept):

You eat one red plate, then pay RM6.
The RM6 turns to points 100%, and now you got 6 points in your card.

Next dine, order and eat one red plate and you pay with points.
So zero penny!

In total, you ate 2 red plates and you paid RM6.
So one red plate cost RM3.
Conclusion: It is 50% discount!

With this basic calculation, we define a concept of 50% discount for this kind of promotion. This concept applies to all conditions. (So confidence to say ALL conditions...huh...!)

Now, lets look into another scenario and I calculate based on the concept of free and the concept of 50% discount, then you make a judgement call!

Scenario 2:

If it is free,

Your friend order and eat one red plate, but you pay RM6 (Since it is free!)
Then RM6 turns to point 100%, now you got 6 points in your card

Next dine, you eat one red plate and pay with the points.
So zero penny for this dine.

In total, you ate one red plate and you paid RM6.
Conclusion: You sure are a generous person to treat your friend a meal!

What if it is 50% discount,

Your friend order and eat one red plate, and pay you RM3.
Then you pay the cashier RM6.
In fact, you just spent RM3.

With 100% rebate/reward, RM6 turns to 6 points.
Now you got 6 points in your card.

Next dine, you eat one red plate and pay with the points.
So zero penny for this dine.

In total, you ate one red plate and you paid RM3
Conclusion: 50% Discount!

Now, lets look into last scenario, if we go dine in with group of people and everyone eat. Well, dine with one self is always so lonely!

Scenario 3:

Your friend eat one red plate, you also eat one red plate.
Your friend pay you RM3.
You pay to the cashier RM12.
So you just spent RM9 in actual fact.

With 100% rebate/reward, RM12 turns to 12 points.
Now you got 12 points in your card.

Next dine, you able to eat two red plates with you accumulated points.
So zero penny for this dine.

In total, you ate 3 red plates and paid RM9.
So still RM3 per red plate.
Conclusion: It is 50% discount.

Well, perhaps there is a blind spot in this concept that my friend and I not aware off. That's why it called blind spot.

Even the 100% rebate/reward thing came out 50% discount based on our concept and calculation and not free (as what was claimed by the waitress), it is still worth to dine in as people always said, it is better than nothing!

Frankly speaking, I do like Sakae Sushi very much!
The food was so delicious!

Sakae Sushi, here I come!

6 comments:

Chiamy said...

You know, this is the first post at your blog that I skip reading (esp. the middle part with different scenarios). I have enough thinking to do during daytime, I don't want to continue abusing my brain after work. :p

Snakey said...

Chiamy, haha take care of your brain. I don't want been accused by people that I abuse their brain :P

米雪儿 said...

Hey,I actually read this post twice and understand the scenario 1 by 1..hahahah

孤Owl的王子- Nick Goh said...

for my case, i see so many words and without photo, so i skip directly.....abit stress de post(for a lazy ppl like me)...hahaha :-p

Snakey said...

米雪儿, you really read twice ka? Good to understand ;)

孤傲的王子, yes you can skip directly, stress is no good for health and heart too :P

Key said...

well, you have convinced me it actually a 50% discount XD