Saturday, December 20, 2008

ASIMO

How impressive it was to have my own eye witnessed the humanoid robot created by Honda Motor Company.

ASIMO, an acronym for "Advanced Step in Innovative MObility" is the name of this humanoid robot, who or which (ok, I'm a bit confused here ha ha!) visited Queensbay Mall Penang. I'm sure didn't want to miss the expo which located just 5 minutes driving distance from my dwelling place.

Standing at 130 centimeters (4 feet 3 inches) and weighing 54 kilograms (119 pounds), the robot resembles a small astronaut wearing a backpack and can walk or run on two feet at speeds up to 6 km/h (4.3 mph). It is the current model in a line of eleven that began in 1986 with E0. Pretty impressive huh!

I did record some clip about the ASIMO in action with my 6 months old camera.
It has the ability to sense and to recognize the near by object. When it detected the object is homo sapien, it will greet them with a hand shaking. Hm, you can see that in the clip it just keep wanted to hand shake with the Mr. MC.

ASIMO walking and running action. I believed the mobility of the humanoid robot is the biggest challenge above all. BTW, seem that ASIMO need the black dot on the stage as its direction navigation.

ASIMO is dancing. Felt like ASIMO not really good in dancing...huh...

ASIMO kicking ball.

No comments: