Monday, July 21, 2008

Pulau Jerejak Trip

15 July 2008, Monday and it was a sunny day. I was excited, as we were allowed to have an early admission on 4pm. Yes, a department dinner at Pulau Jerejak.

Pulau Jerejak gained its alias as The Alcatraz of Malaysia, because of the Jerejak Prison. Located towards the south eastern tip of Penang Main Island, this 362ha island is rich with history, flora and fauna.

Even though it has opened many years back, it was the first time I landed the island. Thanks to department for the opportunity. Nothing much to say about the island and the resort, but a coarse sand that really hurt my legs if walk bared foot.

My friends and I dated to have volley ball playing once we reached the island. None of us are pro in this game and that was the fun part of the game. Conclusion was, we picked the ball more than we catched the ball. I had a great laugh and fun for the evening.

No matter what we do or how we do it, the greatest thing is we can do it together with close friends.

We had BBQ dinner. I like the grilled fish filet and malay style "char koay teow". The rest of the food choices were quite normal for me. One thing that I really don't like was there were a lot of flies.

I had a lot of nonsense talk and laughter with same table friends. That's made the dinner stunning and lovely.

For me. the place, the game and the food is normal. What made all of these not normal is the people that be in the same place with me, the people that played the game with me and the people that had dinner with me, which I called friends.

No comments: